Forensic Statement Analysis is a tool that is highly effective in the detection of deception in a person’s written or spoken statements. The analysis involves critically examining the word choice, structure, and content of a person’s statement to determine whether it is truthful or deceptive. As people intentionally attempt to be deceitful, subconsciously they use different words, phrases, statement structure, and content in their statements.
Research by experts in the fields of language, psychology and deception detection has led to the identification of these trends in language that are referred to as "linguistic signals." Using Forensic Statement Analysis, can identify these linguistic signals that differentiate deceptive statements from truthful ones as a suspect subconsciously reveals information they did not intend for an investigator to know.
- Recognize valid statements
- Process required for analysis
- Parts of speech that are used during analysis
- Importance of balance of a statement
- Be able to identify Linguistic Signals
- Analysis of a written statement
- Ability to interpret the results of an analysis
- Knowing investigative questions to ask during analysis
Confirming truth or deception by means of body language, statement analysis, and micro expressions
Seattle, Washington Call toll free 855-445-1742